Georgetown Children’s Museum (GCM) is a newly-created 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization with the mission to bring both a cultural and an academic form of recreation to Williamson County.
It is a primary goal of Georgetown Children’s Museum to offer the families of Williamson County and surrounding areas a hands-on experience in the exploration of science, culture, language, geography, music, history, and art. We will operate a facility that boasts a wide variety of engaging, exciting, and educational exhibits. We will support these exhibits with a diverse staff of people who possess a passion for learning.
We give children tools, encouragement, and resources to imagine, invent, experiment, and solve.
Be Healthy. Be Active:
We provide play environments that promote physical activity and healthy choices.
Build Your Brain:
We deliver playful, hand’s-on experiences that help children develop skills for success in learning and life.
Connect and Communicate:
We help children learn to work together to explore new ideas in a positive, up-lifting manner.
Grow Up Green:
We call children into action to help care for the earth and preserve its resources.
GEORGETOWN CHILDREN’S MUSEUM GOALS
- To create an interactive community that inspires curiosity, sparks imagination, and nurtures discovery
- To foster active parent / family involvement in children’s learning
- To serve as a resource for school districts and homeschoolers in the area
- To ensure that its programs and services are accessible to all families and children
- To provide families with a recreational and educational outlet for children
- To feature the rich history and unique character of our region
- To incorporate recycled, up-cycled, and hand-made activities, exhibits, and architecture
- To bring volunteer opportunities to local high school students and senior citizens in the form of guides and story-tellers